Gauge Calibration Software
The manufacturing environment is flooded with process data. Rather than letting most of it go to waste, professionals need the right tools to make that data work in their favor. This is especially the case for highly-regulated industries where a minor process-related nonconformance could have considerable compliance and cost of quality implications later in the value chain.
Quality management personnel need effective gauge calibration software to truly monitor, control, and prevent process nonconformances. Without valid, actionable data and reliable device management protocols, organizations are putting their operation at major risk of inadvertently producing nonconforming items—risks that could be mitigated significantly.
In the absence of a strong gauge calibration solution, it can be both challenging and daunting to keep up with routine MSA device analysis experiments, such as RR ANOVA, RR attribute, and RR range, as well as bias and stability/linearity studies.
In the past, manufacturers have relied on disparate third-party software applications to perform such experiments. Like any third-party solution not made to easily integrate with your broader systems, this approach to gauge calibration is far from ideal. It doesn’t let you take the strategic approach to quality and compliance required in today’s globally competitive manufacturing environment.
Gauge Calibration with IQS
IQS Gauge Calibration Software is a module in our Enterprise Quality Management Software platform. It incorporates the results of various analyses within a single interface, eliminating the need to manage difficult-to-integrate software applications and providing a portal of visibility into gauge calibration and process health across the organization.
By automating a wide library of MSA device analysis experiments, manufacturers can develop a calibration schedule made for their unique needs. In addition to tracking the entire gauge calibration process, IQS’s automated solution triggers escalation notices to bring appropriate personnel into the loop on current and prospective issues. Professionals can investigate issues with the full lifecycle of receiving and in-process inspection data all in one place.
This integrated EQMS solution is engineered specifically to help manufacturers with complex products and processes competing in compliance-burdened industries like automotive, medical device, aerospace and defense, and oil & gas. By deploying IQS EQMS software, manufacturers can further streamline quality management and regulatory compliance initiatives at a lower cost.
IQS Gauge Calibration Software allows you to:
- Perform routine MSA device analysis experiments such as RR ANOVA, RR attribute, RR range, bias and stability/linearity studies.
- Simplify notifications with color coded calibration status fields indicating device is OK for use on the floor, coming due or past due for calibration.
- Document and track calibrations for measuring devices and test equipment including: date and time of calibration, who performed the calibration, time to calibrate, temperature.
Key IQS Software System Functions
- Plug and play, out-of-the-box functionality
- Easy to use and intuitive interface
- Easy configuration
- Intelligent visual form builder templates and pre-configured reporting
- Data visualization and analytics
- Real-time notifications/validation
- Cross browser compatible and mobile friendly
- Collaboration at the form/record level
- Comprehensive security and electronic signatures
As cloud technology matures, you have a critical decision to make when deploying IQS’s enterprise quality management software. Deployment models most often discussed boil down to three options: Hosted, on-premise and hybrid cloud environments. The question is, which deployment option works best for you and all stakeholders too, including suppliers? Keep reading to understand the key differences between IQS’s offerings.