PPAP / First Article Software
For manufacturing, there’s too much at risk to not take advantage of modern automation and software technology. Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) remains one of the most critical components of a cost-effective quality management and regulatory compliance system, but organizations are still managing this process with manual and paper-based systems.
With compliance—and the onslaught of cost, efficiency, and quality impacts—on the line, the status quo is no longer acceptable. The aerospace and defense industry, in particular, faces daunting regulatory and competitive challenges with first article inspection protocols. Similar cases can be made for general manufacturing.
In these scenarios, companies need a streamlined, software-based product part approval process to enable opportunities to optimize operational costs across the board. Without such a solution, manufacturers are stuck manually assigning and controlling tasks, and scratching their heads over why they’re not meeting time-to-market objectives.
PPAP / First Article Inspection with IQS
IQS Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) Software creates an enterprise-wide platform for managing all first article documentation.
Manufacturers can consolidate project protocols on one system that keeps track of personnel assignments and the level of assigned task completion. Professionals across plants or regions can login to a single interface, and all have the same tools and information at their disposal.
The solution helps reduce the risk of nonconforming products and delays. It enables a quality management and regulatory compliance system that integrates supplier and customer data in a unified system. IQS PPAP / First Article Inspection Software allows manufacturing sites to facilitate part change requests to suppliers efficiently by performing process audits from an enterprise-wide perspective.
As is the case with all solutions on the IQS platform, IQS PPAP / First Article Inspection Software features the ability to incorporate real-time data from other IQS EQMS modules and documents to yield more reliable first article inspection results. This advanced planning strategy can lower both production and warranty costs by identifying pre-production problems more quickly.
By deploying the IQS software solution, manufacturers can manage all elements of planning, production, and execution in one place. With this integrated approach, improvements to the overall effectiveness of quality management and regulatory compliance initiatives can be massive.
IQS PPAP/ First Article Software allows you to:
- Create an enterprise-wide platform to manage all PPAP/first article documentation via a single interface with an unlimited number of user-defined steps.
- Consolidate project protocols in one system that keeps track of personnel assignments and the level of assigned task completion.
- Facilitate part change requests to suppliers efficiently by performing process audits from an enterprise-wide perspective.
- Create a submission, and then assign responsibility/notify the supplier that work needs to be done.
Key IQS Software System Functions
- Plug and play, out-of-the-box functionality
- Easy to use and intuitive interface
- Easy configuration
- Intelligent visual form builder templates and pre-configured reporting
- Data visualization and analytics
- Real-time notifications/validation
- Cross browser compatible and mobile friendly
- Collaboration at the form/record level
- Comprehensive security and electronic signatures
As cloud technology matures, you have a critical decision to make when deploying IQS’s enterprise quality management software. Deployment models most often discussed boil down to three options: Hosted, on-premise and hybrid cloud environments. The question is, which deployment option works best for you and all stakeholders too, including suppliers? Keep reading to understand the key differences between IQS’s offerings.