Change Management / ECN Software
Change management captures the essence of the cost of poor quality. An inefficiently communicated change to a product design, process specification, or compliance requirement could cause major setbacks down the road. In highly-regulated industries, change management can make or break an operation.
In aerospace and defense, for example, complete and on-time deliveries are crucial. Yet, many large manufacturers in this space still rely on manual, disconnected systems to manage change. As a consequence, simple engineering changes come with much higher risk than they should. An overlooked detail due to numerous versions of product designs could result in days or weeks of lost progress.
Some automotive manufacturers, although very reliant on supply chain efficiency, are still emailing changes to quality specifications to upstream partners. Without version control or a centralized system, slight modifications can easily succumb to the intricacies of the greater supplier network. The impact could come in the form of a nonconformance that goes unnoticed for quite a long time.
Other industries like oil & gas and medical device manufacturing face similar scenarios. There’s a better solution, where the hidden costs of quality don’t have to go unnoticed until it’s too late.
Change Management with IQS
Of all the processes that could be digitized and automated, change management ranks near the top. Quality, compliance, safety, efficiency, and costs are on the line, and the impacts of poor communication are amplified for companies with multiple sites, regions, and large supplier networks.
For reasons mostly beyond their control, many manufacturers have been operating with disconnected systems for far too long. IQS Change Management/ ECN Software takes the risk out of change management, incorporating modern elements of automation, version control, and workflows into the process. For each change, manufacturers can ensure requirements are communicated, acknowledged, and then implemented. Electronic signatures provide added visibility and security.
With IQS, organizations can perform all change management and ECN functions on one platform. Engineering, manufacturing, and the supplier network no longer have to operate in silos, so companies can remain agile without the risk of losing momentum due to communication inefficiencies. Manufacturers can both communicate changes and cross-reference customer and supplier data in tandem with ECN process changes at every manufacturing stage.
As just one functionality in IQS’s integrated enterprise quality management and compliance software, Change Management Software is imperative for closed-loop quality. It works in conjunction with Corrective and Preventive Actions, FMEA, and more. The enterprise QMS also integrates with other enterprise systems such as ERP, so visibility and records of part numbers is included in the change management process.
IQS Change Management/ECN Software allows you to:
- Manage critical changes to design requirements across multiple manufacturing sites, as well as among suppliers
- Integration with ERP for effective part number tracking
- Adapt to change requests and control plan revisions at any point in the production process
- Archive previous revisions and track who made the last revision with electronic signatures
- Provide employees access to change requests, process flow alterations and updated process and design FMEAs
Key IQS Software System Functions
- Plug and play, out-of-the-box functionality
- Easy to use and intuitive interface
- Easy configuration
- Intelligent visual form builder templates and pre-configured reporting
- Data visualization and analytics
- Real-time notifications/validation
- Cross browser compatible and mobile friendly
- Collaboration at the form/record level
- Comprehensive security and electronic signatures
Cloud-based, hosted EQMS
IQS’s browser-based EQMS resides safely in a highly secure environment to deliver these top benefits:
- Up to date software features and functions
- Improved reliability and less redundancy
- Reduced administrative overhead
- Thorough disaster recovery
Let's Get Started