Supplier Quality Software
You may not be able to function without your supplier network, but that doesn’t mean you should give suppliers free rein. The cost of poor quality is so closely related to supplier quality and compliance that manufacturers must give the proper attention and resources to the optimization of their upstream partnerships.
In the past, it was acceptable to communicate and collaborate with suppliers through traditional paper-based and unsecure electronic methods. With the utility and accessibility of technology reaching new levels every year, that’s no longer the case. Today’s companies need an integrated, real-time quality management software solution to troubleshoot supplier performance issues thoroughly.
By streamlining communication among suppliers and manufacturing sites, IQS Supplier Quality Software creates an enterprise-wide supplier management solution to minimize supplier-related COPQ issues. The solution integrates with the IQS Enterprise Quality Management Software platform, giving manufacturers the upstream visibility and control they need.
Issue tracking: Nonconformances and Corrective Actions
Delivered through a web-based portal on which suppliers share their data, IQS Supplier Quality Software lets you track supplier nonconformances in real-time. The solution helps establish consistent supplier performance procedures aimed at identifying and analyzing nonconforming lots and supplier components well before problems arise.
With IQS’s integrated system, manufacturers can extend to their suppliers tools typically reserved for in-house use such as CAPA. It facilitates collaboration among suppliers and manufacturing sites to perform root-cause analyses and coordinate follow-up actions efficiently. This proactive approach to nonconformance management has significant benefits to overall cost of quality.
Supplier Audits and Scorecards
IQS Supplier Performance Software takes the need for outdated supplier audit methods out of the picture. It consolidates the processes of planning, scheduling, and conducting audits. The information is on one single system accessible by both you and your suppliers, enabling visibility and driving accountability into upstream process and product quality.
The scorecard feature within IQS Supplier Quality Software is vital for manufacturers managing multiple suppliers simultaneously. Whether you’re working with dozens or thousands of partner companies, having the ability to quantify their performance based on real-time metrics and track their improvements over time is crucial for any proactive quality management strategy.
One of the greatest bottlenecks to quality and compliance performance improvements is being able to effectively communicate across the enterprise. In a true end-to-end quality management environment, “the enterprise” includes your upstream partners. IQS Supplier Portal Software facilitates communication via a web-based quality management interface.
The portal is used by customers and employees who need access to certain data and EQMS functionalities. It can bi-directionally and automatically dispense quality performance information. By creating customized notifications, manufacturers can tailor alerts to be non-visible, read-only, or editable. This fosters improved supplier and customer communication and relationships from an enterprise-wide perspective.
IQS Supplier Quality Software allows you to:
- Build scorecards to give quality departments a solution for real-time metrics and track improvements over time.
- Categorize your suppliers with your own codes for supplier type, territory, ratings and approval levels.
- Define fields and categorize communications to allow for sorting and analysis.
- Communicate with suppliers and offer EQMS functionality via a web-based portal.
- Analyze supplier satisfaction and supplier issues to improve business planning activities.
- Record nonconformances and corrective actions with all necessary traceability and collaboration.
Key IQS Software System Functions
- Plug and play, out-of-the-box functionality
- Easy to use and intuitive interface
- Easy configuration
- Intelligent visual form builder templates and pre-configured reporting
- Data visualization and analytics
- Real-time notifications/validation
- Cross browser compatible and mobile friendly
- Collaboration at the form/record level
- Comprehensive security and electronic signatures
Cloud-based, hosted EQMS
IQS’s browser-based EQMS resides safely in a highly secure environment to deliver these top benefits:
- Up to date software features and functions
- Improved reliability and less redundancy
- Reduced administrative overhead
- Thorough disaster recovery